Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My Interview with Singer/Song Writer Megan Green



Virginia Gentleman: I understand you are a native Virginian. Where did you grow up?

Megan Green: A small town called Bowling Green in Caroline County, with only 2 stop lights.

Virginia Gentleman:
Virginia has a history of producing great music talent, Patsy Cline, Emmylou Harris, Ella Fitzgerald. Who are some artists that influenced you?

Megan Green: The Band Perry, Pistol Annie's, Dixie Chicks, Taylor Swift.

Virginia Gentleman:
Now I heard you were an Alan Jackson fan. Do you have a favorite song of his?

Megan Green:
Well I was a big fan of his when I was younger and didn't want to go to bed. Dad and Mom would put on "Chattahoochee' and it would put me right to sleep.

Virginia Gentleman: Historically a lot of great music came out of the Church. Has your Church influenced you musically?

Megan Green:
Yes, it was the first place I ever got up in front of a crowd and sang. It helped me get used to actively performing.

Virginia Gentleman:
How would you describe your music? County? Bluegrass?

Megan Green: Country, Country/Pop, sometimes a touch of Bluegrass depending on the song.

Virginia Gentleman: Where have you performed?

Megan Green:
A lot of local places in Virginia including fairs and festivals. I have performed in DC and Nashville! On July 26th I will be opening up for Scotty Mcreery at Celebrate VA Live!

Virginia Gentleman:
In addition to being a great singer you also write music as well. Are there certain subjects that you like to write about?

Megan Green:
Whatever comes to my mind. I never plan on writing a song, it just comes out. Most of the time my songs are about everyday life and love.

Virginia Gentleman:
If people would like to listen to your music and contact you were do they go?

Megan Green:
They could check out my website megangreenmusic.com to contact me and my Reverb Nation page!

No comments: